This course builds on knowledge and understanding of quality management and quality analysis tools introduce the you to the principles of population sampling and the costs associated with implementing a quality management system.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $548 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,647 + $60 annual administration fee
The ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standard is used as an exemplar in exploring the benefits and barriers to implementation of a documented quality management system.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Estimate population parameters and determine sampling distributions and apply selection techniques in acceptance sampling to determine the quality of a batch, or a day’s production.
- Use random number tables and manipulation raw data to suit specific tasks.
- Evaluate and discuss relevant statements about populations from samples.
- Apply and interpret quality cost analysis in specific situations.
- Provide examples of requirements for an organisation to meet compliance with criteria from ISO 9001.
- Explain how a documented quality system may be constructed to meet the requirements of a Quality Manual.
- Describe the requirements of a written procedure for a specific situation.
- Design a framework for the implementation of a Quality Management System relevant to a stated organisation.
- Identify barriers to implementation of a Quality Management System and provide potential solutions to overcome such barriers.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.