This course is designed for in-service school teachers intending to become more confident teachers of mathematics.
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It provides you with an enjoyable experience of “doing mathematics” and builds confidence in your knowledge of fundamental geometry and measurement concepts and understandings about the deterministic nature of mathematics.
It enables you to assess the effectiveness of particular learning resources and learning experiences in extending children’s understandings about aspects of the deterministic nature of mathematics.
Fee free offer
Courses offered under the following qualifications are currently fee free. Check out the Fee free offer tab on the qualification web page for information.
Please note: This fee free offer applies only to these qualifications. The fee free offer does not apply when enrolling in single courses under our Course Only (Certificate of Proficiency) option.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Narrate enjoyable experiences of doing mathematics behind geometry and measurement and explain what made them enjoyable.
- Plan, conduct and report on a small scale investigation utilizing relevant geometry and measurement concepts, knowledge, facilities and equipment.
- Outline the fundamental geometry and measurement concepts and the deterministic nature of mathematics and knowledge that underpin the mathematics curriculum competencies relevant to the level of students they teach.
- Demonstrate that their knowledge of geometry and measurement and the deterministic nature of mathematics is sufficient for them to teach geometry and measurement and the deterministic nature of mathematics to the level of students they teach.
- Critique the effectiveness with which selected mathematics teaching and learning resources, and learning experiences actually teach geometry and measurement and the deterministic nature of mathematics behind the curriculum.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.