Bachelor of Business (Information Systems and Technology)
OP700103Closed to new enrolments
Our Bachelor of Business majoring in Information Systems and Technology will give you an understanding of the basic concepts and operation of IS&T.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
You will be able to define problems, perform analysis and recommend systems and platforms. You will also be able to design and test systems and build, or manage the building of, IS&T systems.
Closed to new students
This qualification is closed to new students.
Check our Bachelor of Business to see what other majors you can study.
If you have previously enrolled in this qualification you can continue studying the rest of your courses as normal.
What you will learn
When you complete this qualification you will be able to:
- manage IS&T operations at a variety of levels
- provide and implement solutions to issues related to data communications and information management
- provide for the social, legal, security and ethical aspects of implementing systems.
You will also gain:
- strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- an understanding of a variety of business concepts, processes and procedures relevant to public and private organisations
- the ability to identify opportunities, solve problems and achieve business objectives by the use of suitable techniques with reference to ethical frameworks
- the ability to critically evaluate the international, cross-cultural, economic, social and legal environments within which business functions
- the ability to recognise the limits of their current knowledge and have the desire to continue learning throughout life.
Bachelor of Business Pathway
If you’re a New Zealand Diploma in Business graduate you can fast track your study to a Bachelor of Business through our Advanced Standing Pathway programme.
When you complete this qualification you will be able to work in roles such as:
- business analyst
- systems analyst
- IS&T customer service and support provider (operator)
- IS&T policy and strategy planner.