Bachelor of Business
Go for a competitive edge in the world of business with an internationally recognised Bachelor of Business. You can achieve this qualification with no major (unspecified) if you would like to study a range of courses to suit your career goals, or if you want to keep your career options open.
Study type Trimester
Cost$13,923 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This qualification will prepare you for a career in a variety of business and management roles.
Degree enriches careerFor Jeff Goss, completing his four-year journey of part- time study by distance learning with Open Polytechnic was not just about accomplishing his Bachelor of Business, it has also enriched his career, changed his thinking and helped him develop within his current role.
Cards and Payments Strategic Partnership Manager
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will:
- have strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- understand a variety of business concepts, processes and procedures relevant to public and private organisations
- be able to identify opportunities, solve problems and achieve business objectives by the use of suitable techniques with reference to ethical frameworks
- be able to critically evaluate the international,
cross-cultural, economic, social and legal environments within business functions
- be able to anticipate, adapt to and promote changes important to a business
- have a more developed understanding of your major area of specialisation, including the ability to select and apply appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques.
Other business majors
We also offer five other Bachelor of Business majors that may suit your interests:
Bachelor of Business pathways
If you have NC5121 New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6), you can fast track your study to a Bachelor of Business through our Advanced Standing Pathway programme.
Learn more about our Bachelor of Business Advanced Standing Pathway programme
If you have NZ2459 New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5), either Accounting or Leadership and Management strands, you can fast track your study by applying for cross credit.
Bachelor of Business upgrade for legal executive graduates
If you’ve graduated with a New Zealand Law Society Legal Executive Diploma, we’re pleased to offer you 120 credits (6 courses) towards our Bachelor of Business.
Learn more about the Bachelor of Business upgrade for legal executive graduates