Certificate in Environmental Management (Level 6)
OP6213Closed to new enrolments
This programme is a great place to start if you want to find out how to care for New Zealand’s natural and physical resources.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$2,190 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
You’ll learn about New Zealand’s environment laws and the impact that resource use has on the environment. Once you’ve completed the programme you will know about the Resource Management Act 1991, local government legalisation and environmental impact assessment.
Closed to new students
This qualification is closed to new students. To see what other environment qualifications we offer, check the subject page:
If you were enrolled in this qualification before 23 October 2017, you can continue to enrol in your next course to complete your qualification.
You must be enrolled in your last course/s by Trimester 2, 2019 to complete this qualification. The list below shows the last dates you can enrol in individual courses to be awarded this qualification.
- 72292 Resource Management Act and Local Government Act - Trimester 1 and 2, 2019
- 72296 Environmental Impact Assessment - Trimester 1, 2019
Elective courses (you must complete one of these)
- 72194 Sustainability and New Zealand - Trimester 1 and 2, 2019
- 72196 Introduction to New Zealand Ecology - Trimester 2, 2019
- 72291 Coastal and Marine Management - Trimester 2, 2019
- 72293 Conservation and Natural Resources Law - Trimester 2, 2019
- 72294 Environmental Monitoring and Reporting - Trimester 2, 2019
What you will learn
Watch the video on Environmental law and sustainability in NZ for a general introduction to environmental regulation in New Zealand, and the role of the Resource Management Act.