Diploma in Public Relations and Communication Management (Level 6)
OP621102Closed to new enrolments
Advance your communication career with our Diploma in Public Relations and Communication Management.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$4,380 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
OP621102 Diploma in Public Relations and Communication Management (Level 6) is closed to enrolment for new students.
To view available communication programmes please visit our Communication subject page
If you were already enrolled in OP621102 Diploma in Public Relations and Communication Management (Level 6) up to and including Trimester 1, 2019, you can continue to enrol in your next course as normal to complete this programme.
Please note you must be enrolled in your last course by Trimester 3, 2020 and successfully complete all courses that make up the programme to be awarded the qualification.
If you need help with a study plan to complete the programme in this timeframe, please email us.
About this qualification
This qualification will give you the practical skills needed to work in public relations, communication management and corporate communication.
You will be able to work in roles such as:
- public relations advisor
- communications advisor
- media relations manager
- external communication manager
- public relations and communications assistant.
What you will learn
As you work your way through this programme, you will learn how to:
- develop, implement and evaluate communication programmes and policy
- manage an organisation’s reputation
- carry out public relations campaigns
- manage internal communication.
- identify and explain concepts and practices relevant to public relations, communication management and the communication process
- apply stakeholder analysis to public relations and communication management contexts
- apply relationship management principles to public relations and communication management contexts
- analyse communication practices in business and evaluate their effectiveness
- communicate with clarity when you write or speak.
PRINZ member cross credit
If you hold the Public Relations Institute’s APR (Accredited in Public Relations) you will be cross-credited for 72180 Introduction to Public Relations.