Diploma in Records and Information Management (Level 6)
OP620901Closed to new enrolments
This programme will introduce you to the principles and practices associated with successfully managing electronic and paper-based business information from the time it is created to the time it is destroyed or becomes an archive.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$4,380 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
There is a growing need for qualified records managers as employers realise the need to access and manage business records for as long as they are legally required to do so. This is an interesting and challenging area to work in, where graduates help to manage the evidence that contributes to the accountability of New Zealand business.
Closed to new students
This programme is closed to new student enrolments.
It will will be replaced with NZ3467 New Zealand Diploma in Records and Information Management (Level 6), which will open for enrolments in 2019. If you wish to register your interest in the new programme, please complete our expression of interest form, and we will contact you when the programme is open.
If you were already enrolled this programme before 24 September 2018, you can continue to enrol in your next course as normal to complete your qualification.
To complete the programme before it closes completely to all students, you must be enrolled in your last course by Trimester 2 2020, and successfully complete all courses that make up the programme to be awarded the qualification.
From 24 September 2018 there are some changes to the courses that make up the programme. These have been NZQA approved, and you will benefit from studying the latest courses developed for our new library programmes. Please be assured that any courses you have already completed will still be counted towards your qualification.
Course changes and the last trimester some courses will be offered are listed below.
- 72274 Archives Management - Trimester 1, 2019
- 72275 Electronic Document and Records Management - Trimester 2, 2019
- 71353 Project Management - Trimester 1 and 2, 2019, and Trimester 1 and 2, 2020
Electives - you must complete two
- 71155 Business Computing - Trimester 1, 2 and 3, 2019, and Trimester 1 and 2, 2020
- 72251 Intercultural Communication - Trimester 2, 2019, and Trimester 2, 2020
- LIS701 Critical Perspectives for Library and Information Professionals* OR 72370 Information Issues - Trimester 1 and 3, 2019, and Trimester 1, 2020
- LIS702 Strategy and Planning in Information Organisations
* OR72371 Policy and Planning for Information Services - Trimester 1 and 2, 2019, and Trimester 1 and 2, 2020
- 72374 Social Informatics - Trimester 1 and 3, 2019, and Trimester 1, 2020
If you need help with a study plan to complete your certificate in this timeframe, please get in touch.
* If you have already completed 72370 Information Issues and/or 72371 Policy and Planning for Information Services they will be credited to your qualification.
You cannot complete LIS701 AND 72370, or LIS702 AND 72371.
Courses closing in 2019
You must complete 72274 Archives Management and 72275 Electronic Document and Records Management in 2019.
This information is correct as of 24 September 2018
This qualification is accredited by Records Information Management Professionals Australasia (RIMPA) for the purposes of professional membership.