Certificate in Technical Communication (Level 5)
OP5505Closed to new enrolments
Our Certificate in Technical Communication will give you the skills you need to produce professional, reader-centred documents in plain English.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$1,460 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
OP5505 Certificate in Technical Communication (Level 5) is closed to enrolment for new students.
To view available communication programmes please visit our Communication subject page.
If you were already enrolled in OP5505 Certificate in Technical Communication (Level 5) up to and including Trimester 1 2019, you can continue to enrol in your next course as normal to complete this programme.
Please note you must be enrolled in your last course by Trimester 3, 2020 and successfully complete all courses that make up the programme to be awarded the qualification.
If you need help with a study plan to complete the programme in this timeframe, please email us.
About this qualification
Our Certificate in Technical Communication will prepare you to work in writing-focused roles such as:
- technical writer
- technical communicator
- information designer
- documentation specialist
- technical editor.
This qualification is also useful if you need to write clear, concise and professional documentation in your role.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification, and depending on what elective course you have studied, you will know how to:
- analyse the purpose, audience and context of written communications
- write content for websites, social media and blogs
- work as part of a technical writing team
- interview subject matter experts
- conduct user testing
- apply the principles of plain English to documents in your profession
- create a range of high-quality documents that show effective communication practices
- review, revise and edit professional and technical writing.