Start your communications career with our Certificate in Public Relations and Communication Management.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$1,460 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
OP527202 Certificate in Public Relations and Communication Management (Level 5) is closed for enrolments for new students.
To view available communication programmes please visit our Communication subject page.
If you were already enrolled in OP527202 Certificate in Public Relations and Communication Management (Level 5) up to and including Trimester 1 2019, you can continue to enrol in your next course as normal to complete this programme.
Please note you must be enrolled in your last course by Trimester 3, 2020 and successfully complete all courses that make up the programme to be awarded the qualification.
If you need help with a study plan to complete the programme in this timeframe, please email us.
This qualification will prepare you for entry-level communication roles such as:
- public relations assistant
- communications officer
- media relations assistant.
What you will learn
You will learn about:
- effective communication practices in business
- the theory and practice of public relations.
- about media, community and investor relations
- how to deliver, analyse and measure the effectiveness of communication programmes
- how to apply stakeholder analysis and relationship management principles to public relations and communication management contexts
- working with others and communicating with clarity when you write or speak.
PRINZ member cross credit
If you hold the Public Relations Institute’s APR (Accredited in Public Relations) you can be cross-credited for 72180 Introduction to Public Relations.
If you have any questions about APR:
If you want to further your communications or public relations career this certificate can be credited to our Diploma in Public Relations and Communication Management.
You can also study towards a degree in communication. To learn more check our range of degrees that have a communication majors.