If you want to work in a communication role, this is the right qualification for you. With our Diploma in Communication Studies.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$4,380 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This qualification will prepare you for a range of roles such as:
- communication officer
- media relations assistant
- communications advisor.
It is also useful if you work in a role where you need to have broad communication skills.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- write business and technical reports
- prepare and deliver oral presentations
- examine cultural, societal, interpersonal and ethical issues in communication.
- analyse communication practices in business and evaluate their effectiveness
- work with others and communicate with clarity in oral and written forms
- evaluate communication issues within the New Zealand context using social scientific concepts.
You also have the flexibility to choose four elective courses with particular relevance to your career.
After you complete this programme, you can advance your communication career by studying:
Recognition of prior learning
RPL is how we recognise self-learning and the experience you have gained in the workplace. If you have relevant work experience that you think will exempt you from having to do some parts of this qualification you can apply for RPL.
You will need to provide evidence that you have already met the learning outcomes of the course you want to be exempted from. The evidence could be testimonials or references from appropriately experienced referees.
You can apply for RPL after you have enrolled.