Certificate in Fitness (Personal Training) (Level 4)
OP4270Closed to new enrolments
Learn how to help people reach their health and fitness goals with the Open Polytechnic Certificate in Fitness (Personal Training). This programme is provided by the Open Polytechnic through a sub-contracting agreement with the New Zealand Institute of Health and Fitness (NZIHF).
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$5,500 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
Closed to new students
This programme is is closed to new enrolments.
A new programme will be available in 2019.
If you would like to register your interest to study the new programme in 2019 use the form linked to below. We will contact you when the new programme is open for enrolment.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will know:
- the purpose and structure of a fitness enterprise
- how to run a personal training business
- how to monitor exercise stress
- correct techniques when using basic gym equipment and stretching
- the relationship between food and lifestyle, health risk factors and disease
- how to relate human anatomy and movement to gym equipment.
This qualification will prepare you for a career as a personal trainer in a fitness enterprise or as a self-employed personal trainer.