Certificate of Achievement in Environmental Management of Plants and Soils (Level 3)
OP3306Closed to new enrolments
Whether you are looking to learn about sustainable environmental practices, or ant to develop your abilities to apply environmental concepts to plant and soil management then this programme is for you.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$0 NZ Domestic
Currently offered fee free
OP3306 Certificate of Achievement in Environmental Management of Plants and Soils (Level 3) is closed to new students. If you are interested in studying horticulture at Level 3, please see information on NZ2677 New Zealand Certificate in Horticulture (General( (Level 3).
If you were already enrolled in OP3306 Certificate of Achievement in Environmental Management of Plants and Soils (Level 3) prior to 2 January 2019, you can enrol in the other course as normal to complete your training scheme.
To be awarded this Certificate of Achievement you must:
- be enrolled in your last course by 1 August 2019, and
- have successfully completed both courses that make up the programme.
If you need help with a study plan to complete your studies, please get in touch:
Fee free offer
This programme is currently offered fees free.
Learn more about this fees free offer, including the terms and conditions, on the Fee free offer tab.
What you will learn
In this online programme you will learn about:
- how environmental factors such as moisture and nutrients affect plant growth
- how plants adapt to different environments
- how careful soil management can reduce environmental impacts.
When you have successfully completed this programme you will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of soil composition, structure and texture, and how modifying soil properties affect plant growth
- demonstrate knowledge of plant processes and plant propagation.