Certificate in Sterilising Technology (Level 3)
If you use sterilisation procedures within a health service organisation, our Certificate in Sterilising Technology is the qualification you need.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$714 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
The New Zealand Sterile Services Association (NZSSA) recognises this qualification.
This qualification will prepare you for a career as a sterilising technician. You will be able to work in hospital or office-based sterilising environments.
You may also be able to progress into senior technician roles or other related roles.
What you will learn
You will learn practical skills for reprocessing reusable medical devices. From receipt and cleaning, through to high level disinfection, sterilisation and storage.
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- describe processes used to control infection
- safely transport and handle contaminated surgical instruments and materials
- clean and decontaminate instruments and equipment
- pack and store sterilisation supplies
- safely load, unload and use sterilisers according to best practice.