Advance your career in the financial services industry with our New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$2,192 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This qualification will give you a broad understanding of the financial services industry.
It will assist you if you already work in banking or insurance, or aim to get into either of these areas.
This qualification has two strands within banking and insurance. To achieve the qualification you need to study:
- three courses about the financial services industry, and
- either the banking or insurance course.
You can study both of these courses if you want to achieve both strands.
What you will learn
When you complete this qualification, you'll know about:
- the New Zealand financial services environment
- financial services legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- services and products available across the financial services industry.
In the banking strand you will learn about:
- lending principles, account structures, personal and home lending options.
In the insurance strand you will learn about:
- insurance product options
- factors which determine the availability, price and terms and conditions of insurance products
- personal risk management.
We offer a range of business and management qualifications if you want to take your studies further.
Study options for NBFCCT Members
Are you ready to make an investment in your future?
You can study towards the personal/family budgeting strand of this certificate if you are a:
- National Building Financial Capability Charitable Trust (NBFCCT) member, and
- have achieved a Certificate of Competency in Budget Advising.
All you need to do is:
- complete the three compulsory courses in this programme (see the 'Choose courses and apply' tab)
- you then need to have your Certificate of Competency in Budget Advising cross-credited towards FSC415 New Zealand Family Budgeting Advice. This means you don’t need to study that course.
There is an $85.00 administration fee for the credit transfer.
The Personal/Family Budgeting strand is not currently available to:
- non NBFCCT members
- NBFCCT members who do not have a Certificate of Competency in Budget Advising.
Learn more about personal and family budgeting
If you’d like to find out how to become an NBFCCT member and study towards their Certificate in Competency in Budget Advising contact them by phone or visit their website:
- +64 4 471 1420
- NBFCCT website.