New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 4)
OP2247Closed to new enrolments
Advance your career in the financial services industry with our New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services.
Study type Open
Cost$2,322 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
This qualification will give you a broad understanding of the financial services industry.
It will assist you if you already work in banking or insurance, or aim to get into either of these areas.
This qualification has two strands within banking and insurance. To achieve the qualification you need to study:
- three courses about the financial services industry, and
- either the banking or insurance course.
Closed to new students
OP2247 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 4) is closed to new student enrolments.
If you were already enrolled in OP2247 New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 4) on or before June 2021, you can continue to enrol in your next course as normal to complete this programme.
Please note you must be enrolled in your last course by April 2022 and successfully complete all courses that make up the programme by December 2022 to be awarded the qualification.
We will be in contact with you shortly with more information. If you have any questions please contact us.
You can study both of these courses if you want to achieve both strands.
Just the beginning of her journeyBetween working part-time, raising a family, house renovations and numerous other commitments, Sasha Bain was able to achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 4) with Open Polytechnic.
Customer service officer
What you will learn
When you complete this qualification, you'll know about:
- the New Zealand financial services environment
- financial services legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- services and products available across the financial services industry.
In the banking strand you will learn about:
- lending principles, account structures, personal and home lending options.
In the insurance strand you will learn about:
- insurance product options
- factors which determine the availability, price and terms and conditions of insurance products
- personal risk management.
We offer a range of business and management qualifications if you want to take your studies further.
Study options for NBFCCT Members
Are you ready to make an investment in your future?
You can study towards the personal/family budgeting strand of this certificate if you are a:
- FinCap member, and
- have achieved a Certificate of Completion in Financial Mentoring.
All you need to do is:
- complete the three compulsory courses in this programme (see the 'Choose courses and apply' tab)
- you then need to have your Certificate of Completion cross-credited towards FSC415 New Zealand Family Budgeting Advice. This means you don’t need to study that course.
The Personal/Family Budgeting strand is not currently available to:
- non FinCap members
- FinCap members who do not have a Certificate of Completion in Financial Mentoring.
Learn more about personal and family budgeting
If you’d like to find out how to become an NBFCCT member and study towards their Certificate in Competency in Budget Advising contact them by phone or visit their website:
- +64 4 471 1420
- NBFCCT website.