New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 4)
This Level 4 qualification is for people employed as a trainee pharmacy technician in a community or hospital pharmacy.
It will give you the skills to dispense medicines under the supervision of a pharmacist. You will be able to support the provision of safe, patient-centred healthcare.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$3,600 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This qualification is delivered online.
It is the minimum qualification that you need to have to work as a pharmacy technician in a community or hospital pharmacy
Once you've completed this programme, you'll achieve:
- the New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Introduction to Pharmacy Practice) (Level 3), and
- the New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 4).
What you will learn
Once you’ve completed this programme you will be able to:
- work ethically and professionally within the Pharmacy Council Code of Ethics as relevant to pharmacy technicians
- use appropriate communication techniques to inform customers/patients on health related matters
- apply and work within all legislation and regulations as appropriate to pharmacy technicians
- dispense and reconstitute medicines under the direct supervision of a pharmacist
- provide advice and guidance on the use of dispensed medicines, including drug dosing and drug interactions
- understand the use of medicines as they relate to the treatment of a range of common health disorders
- manage dispensary stock and inventory using appropriate environmental and storage requirements
- complete calculations appropriate to dispensing.
After you completed this programme, you can study towards our New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician) (Level 5).