New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5)
Advance your real estate career with our New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5).
Study type Open
Cost$1,701 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
In this online branch manager programme you will learn how to carry out agency work on behalf of an agent and supervise real estate salespersons.
From the April 2021 block onward, all courses in NZ3580 New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5) will change to a 20-week enrolment period. Blocks that begin prior to April 2021 will still have a 32-week enrolment period.
This qualification will prepare you for a career as a branch manager in a real estate agency. Learn how to lead and supervise staff professionally and ethically; and manage a branch of a real estate agency to ensure compliance with current regulatory requirements.
Real estate licence
When you complete this qualification you can apply for your real estate branch manager’s licence with the Real Estate Authority (REA).
To be licensed as a Branch Manager, individuals must have three years’ work experience operating as a licensee and meet all remaining licensing requirements set in the Real Estate Agents (Licensing) Regulations 2009.
Note: With this qualification you can only apply for this licence in New Zealand. This is because the course content is for the New Zealand real estate industry.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- apply professional, ethical, and culturally appropriate leadership and communication skills to support and develop licensees and other staff to improve engagement and productivity, resolve problems, and enhance an effective branch environment;
- supervise licensees and other staff to carry out agency work, applying broad compliance knowledge of current New Zealand law relevant to the real estate industry;
- supervise and support licensees with property inspections and appraisals to ensure quality and compliance with regulations and standards;
- supervise and support licensees to ensure quality and compliance with agency authorities, facilitate complex sale and purchase agreements, facilitate complex lease agreements, and to discharge real estate contracts to comply with the current regulatory environment;
- apply principles and practices of operations management including trust accounts, sales/marketing, human resources, and risk management to achieve and enhance the objectives of the branch of a real estate agency;
- apply effective communication skills and methods to convey information to external stakeholders and networks.