New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Fire Engineering) (Level 6)
The New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Fire Engineering) (Level 6) is designed for people working in or planning a career in fire engineering at a technician level.
Study type Trimester
Cost$9,941 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
This programme can only be studied part-time. It is not eligible for student loans, course-related costs, living costs or student allowances from StudyLink.
This qualification has been designed by the New Zealand Board for Engineering Diplomas (NZBED) in consultation with the Institution of Fire Engineers, Society of Fire Protection Engineers, Fire Protection Association, and Fire Emergency New Zealand. It will prepare you for a career in fire engineering at a technician level.
Please note this programme is available for part-time study only. You can enrol in a maximum of two courses per trimester.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification, you will be able to:
- Competently perform technical operations to the standards, ethical and professional responsibilities required by the engineering profession
- Work collaboratively within team environments to provide a comprehensive engineering service in the relevant specialist area
- Apply the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi when carrying out engineering activities
- Apply the Resource Management Act and Health & Safety in Employment Act while carrying out engineering activities
- Apply engineering knowledge to make informed problem-solving decisions in fire engineering and to implement these decisions
- Identify, evaluate and manage risks within well-defined engineering problems relevant to their field of fire engineering.
Some courses in this programme have practical components, which will be held at WelTec in Petone, Wellington. Any travel to these practicals will be at your own expense.
These courses are DE4101, DE4302, DE5301, DE5302, DE6301 and DE6427.
See the individual course pages for details.