New Zealand Diploma in Web Development and Design (Level 5)
Study our New Zealand Diploma in Web Development and Design online, and gain the skills and knowledge to design, develop and implement websites and related services, and customise packaged web solutions. This qualification will also help you staircase to further study in Information Technology (IT).
What you will learn
When you complete this online programme you will have the skills and knowledge to work in an entry-level role in an organisation that customises packaged web solutions. Your skills will be internationally relevant.
You will be able to:
- gather client requirements and prepare and present solution(s) that meet those requirements
- write scripts to implement and customise a solution package using frameworks and libraries
- design and implement interfaces to enhance user experience and functionality
- select, install and configure appropriate plug-in modules to supplement functionality to meet organisational requirements
- test functionality and usability to meet client requirements
- implement, configure, and publish tested web solutions
- communicate effectively in an IT role
- apply professional, legal, and ethical principles and practices in a socially responsible manner as an emerging IT professional
- apply the fundamentals of information systems concepts and practice to support and enhance organisational processes and systems
- apply the fundamentals of IT technical support concepts and practice to manage hardware and software resources to meet organisational requirements
- operate within the applicable professional standards and practice
- work independently and as part of a team under broad supervision.
This qualification will give you a pathway to the undergraduate IT degree programme. If you go onto further learning you will be given credit recognition into the degree for this Diploma qualification.