New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5)
The New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5) qualification will provide you with a broad understanding of the core concepts and practical skills in Information Technology.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$2,190 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This is a useful qualification to gain the valuable fundamental concepts and foundation knowledge for the Information Technology and Computing subject areas. You will also be able to build on your existing IT skills from a previous qualification or relevant experience.
As a graduate of this programme, you will be capable of applying the fundamentals of current and emerging concepts and practices in IT. You will also be able to demonstrate awareness of appropriate professional practice, and work both as part of a team and independently, under broad supervision.
This qualification provides a pathway to the undergraduate IT degree programme, provided you meet the entry requirements for the Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) degree. Please refer to the degree entry requirements or contact student advisor for degree programme.
What you will learn
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Apply the fundamentals of IT technical support concepts and practice to manage hardware and software resources to meet organisational requirements.
- Apply the fundamentals of information systems concepts and practice to support and enhance organisational processes and systems.
- Apply the fundamentals of interaction design concepts and practice to enhance interface design.
- Apply the principles of software development to create simple working applications.
- Apply professional, legal, and ethical principles and practices in a socially responsible manner as an emerging IT professional.
- Apply communication, personal and interpersonal skills to enhance effectiveness in an IT role.
- Use problem-solving and decision making techniques to provide innovative and timely Information Technology outcomes
We have a range of study options at certificate Levels 1 - 4 that lead to the New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5) if you don’t meet the entry requirements. Check out our Foundation and Bridging Certificates or contact us to discuss your options.
ITP Educational Partner
Open Polytechnic is an educational partner of IT Professionals New Zealand. IT Professionals NZ is a community of thousands of professionals who work in the IT industry and care about professional practice, support professional development, set standards, and work hard to help other members get ahead.
When you enrol in our New Zealand Certificate in Information Technology (Level 5) you will get an annual student membership with IT Professionals New Zealand while you are studying with us.