New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) with strands in Health Assistance and Support Work
Our New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) is delivered fully online, with strands in Health Assistance and Support Work. This Certificate is ideal if you are currently working as a healthcare assistant, support worker, caregiver, employment consultant, whanau worker, housing coordinator, youth worker or aged care worker.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$0 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge required to:
- provide a person-centred approach that maximises independence
- work with limited supervision under the guidance of your organisation
- implement personal plans.
For more information watch the programme overview video below.
You will be able to work in roles such as:
- support worker
- employment consultant
- community support worker
- recovery facilitator
- whānau worker
- housing coordinator
- youth worker
- aged care worker
Strands you can study
This qualification has two strands. You can choose which strand to take based on your work place role
- Health Assistance strand - this strand will give you skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred health care under the direction and delegation of a health professional
- Support Work strand - this strand will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide person-centred support which maximises independence.
What you will learn
When you complete this qualification you will be able to:
- Recognise and respond to signs of vulnerability and abuse in a health and wellbeing setting
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviour in a health and wellbeing setting
- Recognise and respond to change
- Graduates of the Health Assistance strand will be able to provide person-centred care under the direction and delegation of a health professional
- Graduates of the Support Work strand will be able to provide person-centred support to maximise independence.
Computer and online access
All of the courses in this programme are online. This means you will access the course content and submit assignments online.
For online learning you need to have regular access to a computer or device, and reliable internet.
Fee free offer
You can currently study this qualification fee free. For more information about the fee free terms and conditions under the 'Fee free offer' tab.