New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Leadership and Management) [Version 3]
Kick start your business career with the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Leadership and Management).
Study type Open
Cost$2,540 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
When you study this qualification, you'll study four core courses and four compulsory courses in Leadership and Management.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge needed to work in a range of operational roles in New Zealand businesses.
As a graduate of the leadership and management strand you will have the skills and knowledge for an operational manager or leader role.
What you will learn
As well as knowledge in Leadership and Management, you will also learn how to:
- Identify operational issues and challenges and apply techniques for continuous improvement to support the entity's performance.
- Contribute to business planning to support the entity's performance.
- Lead others to implement activities, including change processes, within the entity's plans to support its performance.
- Manage projects within scope, resources, and time.
- Develop strategies for a positive workplace culture and team engagement, to value diversity and to support the entity's performance.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal and external requirements.
You will also learn about:
- principles and practices of operations, accounting, sales and marketing, human resources and risk management
- Innovation and organisational change
- communication skills and how to manage effective relationships
- problem solving and decision making skills
- how to manage learning and performance
- behaving ethically
- application of Treaty of Waitangi to business activities and relationships.
After you complete the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Leadership and Management) you can fast track to a Bachelor of Applied Management through our Advanced Standing programme. When you do, 120 credits from your New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) will go towards your degree.