New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Accounting) [Version 3]
Kick start your business career with the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Accounting).
Study type Mixed
Cost$2,540 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
When you study this qualification, you'll study four core courses and four compulsory courses in Accounting.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge needed to work in a range of operational roles in New Zealand businesses.
As a graduate of the accounting strand you will have the skills to work in a variety of accounting and business roles. You will also have met the academic requirements for becoming an accounting technician.
The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Accounting) is a recognised qualification for the Accounting Technicians designation of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
What you will learn
As well as knowledge in Accounting you will also learn how to:
- Record and process a wide range of financial transactions, including the use of appropriate dedicated accounting software.
- Apply tax rules for individuals and small businesses to ensure compliance.
- Apply accounting concepts and standards to prepare financial statements and reports.
- Interpret and communicate financial and non-financial information to a variety of internal and external stakeholders to assist them in making decisions.
- Prepare and communicate budgets to internal stakeholders and monitor the business's performance against them.
- Evaluate financial and business risk of an entity and identify the internal controls that could be applied to minimise or mitigate the risk.
- Act in accordance with the accounting profession's Code of Ethics.
You will also learn about
- principles and practices of operations, accounting, sales and marketing, human resources and risk management
- innovation and organisational change
- communication skills and how to manage effective relationships
- problem solving and decision making skills
- how to manage learning and performance
- behaving ethically
- application of Treaty of Waitangi to business activities and relationships.
After you complete the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Accounting) you can fast track to a Bachelor of Applied Management through our Advanced Standing programme. When you do, 120 credits from your New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) will go towards your degree.