New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5)
Kick start your business career with the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5).
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$2,400 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
When you study this qualification, you'll study three core courses then choose three courses in one of the following strands:
- leadership and management.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge needed to work in a range of operational roles in New Zealand businesses.
You can choose what areas to specialise in, which will give you career opportunities in different roles:
- As a graduate of the accounting strand you will have the skills to work as a finance administrator or accounting technician.
- if you study the leadership and management strand you will have the skills and knowledge for an operational manager or leader role.
The New Zealand Diploma in Business is a recognised qualification for the Accounting Technicians designation of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
What you will learn
As well as knowledge in the area you specialise in, you will also learn about:
- principles and practices of operations, accounting, sales and marketing, human resources and risk management
- innovation and organisational change
- communication skills and how to manage effective relationships
- problem solving and decision making skills
- how to manage learning and performance
- behaving ethically
- application of Treaty of Waitangi to business activities and relationships.
After you complete the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) you can fast track to a Bachelor of Applied Management through our Advanced Standing programme. When you do, 120 credits from your New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) will go towards your degree.