New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) [Version 2]
NZ2459Closed to new enrolments
Kick start your business career with the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5).
Study type Trimester
Cost$2,540 NZ Domestic
Not including any course materials or external exam fees.
NZ2459 New Zealand Diploma of Business (Level 5) [Version 2] closed to enrolments from new students on 26 October 2021. Click on the links below to find out more about Version 3 of the programme which is now open for enrolment.
NZ245901 New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Accounting) [Version 3]
NZ245904 New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) (Leadership and Management) [Version 3]
If you were already enrolled in NZ2459 New Zealand Diploma of Business (Level 5) [Version 2] up to, and including, Trimester 3, 2021, you can continue to enrol in your next course as normal to complete this programme.
Please note you must be enrolled in your last course by Trimester 2, 2022 and successfully complete all courses that make up Version 2 of this programme by the end of Trimester 2, 2022, to be awarded the qualification.
If you have any questions, want to talk to a student advisor regarding a study plan or transferring to Version 3 of this programme, please contact us.
When you study this qualification, you'll study three core courses then choose three courses in one of the following strands:
- leadership and management.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge needed to work in a range of operational roles in New Zealand businesses.
You can choose what areas to specialise in, which will give you career opportunities in different roles:
- As a graduate of the accounting strand you will have the skills to work as a finance administrator or accounting technician.
- if you study the leadership and management strand you will have the skills and knowledge for an operational manager or leader role.
Expanding career optionsNapier-based Sophie Duggan was working as a customer experience specialist at Xero when she decided she wanted to expand her career options in the accountancy sector.
Senior customer experience specialist, Xero
The New Zealand Diploma in Business is a recognised qualification for the Accounting Technicians designation of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
What you will learn
As well as knowledge in the area you specialise in, you will also learn about:
- principles and practices of operations, accounting, sales and marketing, human resources and risk management
- innovation and organisational change
- communication skills and how to manage effective relationships
- problem solving and decision making skills
- how to manage learning and performance
- behaving ethically
- application of Treaty of Waitangi to business activities and relationships.
After you complete the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) you can fast track to a Bachelor of Applied Management through our Advanced Standing programme. When you do, 120 credits from your New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) will go towards your degree.