If you want to become a licensed agent of your own real estate agency or get fully qualified in real estate, our National Diploma in Real Estate (Agent) is the qualification for you.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$5,100 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This programme will build on your existing skills and experience in real estate, and prepare you for a career as a licensed agent of a Real Estate agency.
Real estate licence
When you complete this qualification you can apply for your real estate agent’s licence with the Real Estate Authority (REA). To do this you need to have worked for three of the previous ten years in a New Zealand real estate agency, with a salesperson’s licence.
Note: With this qualification you can only apply for this licence in New Zealand. This is because the course content is for the New Zealand real estate industry.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will know about:
- the real estate industry in New Zealand and how it works
- the lawful structure of real estate entities
- land ownership, transfer of ownership, titles and
- sale and purchase agreements
- how to facilitate the sale of real estate, including auction and tender methods
- property, contract and building law and the legal constraints of operating as a real estate salesperson
- misleading and deceiving conduct and misrepresentation
- the Real Estate Agents Act 2008, including licensing and the code of professional conduct
- the financial and accounting systems of a real estate office
- trust accounts in real estate firms
- the principles of ethics applying to real estate practice
- payroll and related financial administration records.
When you have completed this qualification you may be interested in further study at degree level in a business or property-related discipline. Check our subject pages for the qualifications in these areas: