New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6)
NC5121Closed to new enrolments
Get ahead in your career with a nationally recognised New Zealand Diploma in Business. This programme will prepare you for a wide range of business careers in areas like management, finance, accounting, marketing and small business.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Trimester
Cost$8,800 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
It is recognised by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand for their Accounting Technician’s designation.
You’ll study a mixture of compulsory and elective courses in communication, accounting, economics, management, marketing, commercial law, computing and more.
Closed to new students
This programme is closed to new students, but you can study our new programme, the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 5) or one of our other business qualifications.
If you enrolled in this programme before 22 October 2017, you can continue to enrol in your next course as normal to complete your qualification.
You must be enrolled in your last course(s) by Trimester 2, 2020 to complete the qualification. You must complete 12 courses in total to be awarded the qualification.
To help you with your study planning the list below shows the last dates we will offer individual courses.
You need to complete six of the core courses.
- 500 Accounting Principles - 2019 Trimester 1, 2 and 3
- 510 Intro to Commercial Law - 2019 Trimester 1, 2 and 3, 2020 Trimester 1 and 2
- 520 Economic Environment - 2019 Trimester 1, 2 and 3, 2020 Trimester 1 and 2
- 530 Organisations and Management - 2019 Trimester 1, 2 and 3, 2020 Trimester 1 and 2
- 541 Fundamentals of Marketing - 2019 Trimester 1 and 3, 2020 Trimester 1
- 550 Business Computing - 2019 Trimester 1, 2 and 3, 2020 Trimester 1 and 2
- 560 Business Communication -2019 Trimester 1, 2 and 3, 2020 Trimester 1 and 2
Elective courses section 1
You need to complete two courses from this section
- 430 Statistics and Financial Mathematics for Business - 2019 Trimester 1 and 2
- 435 Fundamentals of Small Business - 2019 Trimester 1, 2 and 3
- 501 Accounting Practices - 2019 Trimester 1 and 3
Elective courses section 2
You need to complete at least four courses from this section.
- 601 Financial Accounting - 2019 Trimester 1, 2020 Trimester 1
- 602 Management Accounting - 2019 Trimester 2, 2020 Trimester 2
- 603 Business Finance - 2019 Trimester 3
- 606 Taxation - 2019 Trimester 2
- 630 Leadership - 2019 Trimester 1 and 3, 2020 Trimester 1
- 631 Strategic Planning for Small Business - 2019 Trimester 2 and 3
- 632 Operations Management - 2019 Trimester 3
- 633 Human Resource Management 2019 Trimester 2, 2020 Trimester 2
- 635 Employment Relations - 2019 Trimester 1, 2020 Trimester 1
- 642 Marketing Research - 2019 Trimester 1
- 644 Buyer Behaviour and Communication Strategies - 2019 Trimester 1
If you started NC5121 New Zealand Diploma (Level 6) with another institution, and wish to complete your studies with us, please email us with your contact details and the number of courses you have already completed, and one of our staff will be in contact with you to discuss your options.
Need more info?
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will have:
- business skills
- interpersonal and communication skills
- critical problem-solving skills
- decision-making skills
- the ability to recognise ethical and cultural issues
- the skills to work independently and within a team environment.
The New Zealand Diploma in Business includes New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA) requirements for membership in the College of Accounting Technicians.
Francie, New Zealand Diploma in Business (Level 6) graduate.
Fast track to a Bachelor of Business
Once you graduate with our New Zealand Diploma in Business, you can fast track your study to a Bachelor of Business through our Advanced Standing Pathway programme.