National Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) (Level 4)
Unlock your real estate career with our National Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) Level 4.
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$995 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
When you complete this online qualification it you will be able you to apply for your real estate salesperson’s licence with the Real Estate Authority (REA).
You must do this to operate as a salesperson in the real estate industry. You can then work under the supervision of an agent or branch manager.
For more information about what qualification covers, watch the programme overview video below.
Qualification closed to new students
This qualification closed to new student enrolments in December 2018.
It is being replaced with NZ3111 New Zealand Certificate in Real Estate (Salesperson) (Level 4), which will open for enrolment in early 2019. If you’d like to be notified when this programme becomes available, fill out our registration of interest form and we’ll be in touch.
If you enrolled in this qualification before 9 December 2018, you can continue to enrol in your next course from the 'Choose courses and apply' tab on this page to complete your qualification.
To complete the qualification you must:
- enrol in all courses in the programme by 6 May 2019
- successfully complete all courses in the programme by 31 December 2019.
If you need help with a study plan to complete your certificate in this timeframe, please get in touch.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will know about:
- the real estate industry in New Zealand and how it works
- land ownership, transfer of ownership, titles and
- inspection, appraisal, and sale and purchase agreements
- how to facilitate the sale of real estate, including auction and tender methods
- property, contract and building law and the legal constraints of operating as a real estate salesperson
- misleading and deceiving conduct and misrepresentation
- the Real Estate Agents Act 2008, including licensing and the code of professional conduct.
Study support while you learn
Free tutor-led online presentations
As part of your courses you will see online presentations that cover key topics to support your learning. You can hear from subject matter experts, get up-to-date industry information, and get extra help from tutors when you need it.
When you complete this qualification you can move on to study in different areas of real estate, including: