National Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager) (Level 5)
Advance your real estate career with our National Certificate in Real Estate (Branch Manager).
Approximately 10-12 hours study per course per week.
Study type Open
Cost$3,224 NZ Domestic
Not including annual administration fees, course materials or external exam fees.
This qualification will allow you to carry out agency work on behalf of an agent and supervise real estate salespersons. It covers a range of areas including:
- financial transactions
- legal aspects
- the requirements for properly supervising
- managing a real estate business.
This qualification will prepare you for a career as a branch manager in a real estate agency.
Real estate licence
When you complete this qualification you can apply for your real estate branch manager’s licence with the Real Estate Authority (REA). To do this you need to have worked for three of the previous ten years in a New Zealand real estate agency, with a salesperson’s licence.
To do this you need to send them a certified copy of the certificate and the other application papers.
Note: With this qualification you can only apply for this licence in New Zealand. This is because the course content is for the New Zealand real estate industry.
What you will learn
When you achieve this qualification you will be able to:
- plan real estate projects
- implement the marketing function in real estate firms
- manage staff, contractors and their performance
- manage contracts of agency, including the preparation and discharge of real estate contracts
- manage trust accounts
- conduct internal checks and audits
- explain leasing, legal and financial matters to clients, and provide them with advice on resource management
- understand what legal matters may affect
real estate licensees
- prepare agency agreements and appraisals of commercial and industrial sites.