Over the next decade or so, environmental concerns, plus the depletion of the world's fossil fuel reserves accentuated by the industrialisation of presently third world countries, are going to force a reshaping of our use of energy.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 2019
Allow approximately 8-9 hours study time per week for each 15 credit course. Your workload may be higher around assessment due dates or exam time.
Cost2019NZ students $738 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
This course aims to prepare you to play an informed and constructive part in that reshaping.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- analyse combustion systems using appropriate tools from the field of combustion science;
- analyse renewable energy systems using appropriate tools from the fields of thermofluids, heat transfer, and dynamics;
- compare and contrast various combustion and renewable energy systems;
- evaluate the potential of renewable energy technologies as a replacement for combustion energy technologies;
40% internally assessed
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
No textbooks are required for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: