This online holistic health course provides you with the opportunity to reflect on behaviour that you find challenging in your role as a health care assistant. You will describe and demonstrate effective communication techniques as a strategy to minimise the impact of challenging behaviours. Under the direction of a health professional you will identify the holistic needs of a person and how these needs impact on health and wellbeing.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $525 + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this online holistic care course will be able to
- Describe the factors that impact on challenging behaviour from a holistic perspective
- Describe and apply communication methods, under the direction of a health professional, that help minimise challenging behaviour in a health care setting
- Describe the holistic needs of a person in a health care setting and their impact on a person’s health and wellbeing.
This course is 100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: