This online course introduces you to the field of health studies. You will think critically about health and well-being in an Aotearoa New Zealand context and about different models of well-being.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will also gain an understanding about health issues and current health practices and analyse ethical health issues and apply these to an Aotearoa New Zealand context.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Fee free offer
The enrolment fees and annual administration fee for this course is currently fee free for New Zealand domestic students and New Zealand citizens living overseas.
Please read the terms and conditions in the Fee Free Offer Tab on the qualification page. Please disregard the $60 annual administration fee that is showing, this will not be charged.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Explain health and well-being in an Aotearoa New Zealand setting
- Discuss models of well-being (Western, Maori and Pacific) and justify the appropriate use of models of well-being in a specific context.
- Analyse health issues within an Aotearoa New Zealand context
- Identify a range of health practices and evaluate their use within an Aotearoa New Zealand context
- Explain ethical health issues and how these are placed within Aotearoa New Zealand
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: