This online course is designed for individuals who are working in or wish to enter the financial services industry. It provides you with knowledge of the financial advice process and associated regulatory practices for operating in the financial advising sector. It enables you to apply the financial advice process in a professional manner to the provision of financial advice.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $750 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,190 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Establish and define the nature and scope of the client and financial adviser relationship.
- Gather client information to identify and analyse client requirements and risk profile.
- Analyse and evaluate financial situations of clients, and develop, present, and agree appropriate financial strategies and solutions.
- Coordinate the implementation of, and monitor agreed financial strategies and solutions for clients.
- Apply legislation, regulations, and codes of practice, and respond to fiduciary issues during the financial advice process.
This courses is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: