This online course is designed for individuals who are working in or wish to enter the financial services industry. It provides you with contextual and product knowledge for specialist roles within the life and health insurance sector. It enables you to apply knowledge of risk management principles, and insurance concepts, products, processes and regulation to the provision of life and health insurance services.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $750 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $2,190 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Apply understanding of insurance concepts and risk management principles to life and health insurance situations.
- Apply understanding of life and health insurance market, concepts, legislation, regulations and codes of conduct that are of particular relevance to the provision of life and health insurance services to provide services in a professional manner.
- Operate with broad understanding of the relationship between insurance needs and life and health insurance product types, to provide appropriate solutions for life and health insurance needs.
- Operate with understanding of the processes of creation, maintenance and ending of life and health insurance contracts and assess the impact of a change of circumstances on life and health insurance arrangements.
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: