This online course is designed for individuals who are working in or wish to enter the financial services industry.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $600 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,750 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It provides you with contextual knowledge for specialist roles within retail and personal services areas of the financial services industry. It enables you to operate with an understanding of the New Zealand financial services industry in terms of its markets, systems, participants and connection with the economic environment, and to apply legislation and professional practice that is common to all sectors of the industry.
For more information watch the course introduction video below.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Operate with understanding of financial institutions, systems, and markets, and their interdependencies.
- Operate with understanding of the economic environment and its connection to the financial markets and their participants.
- Act in the best interest of the client by demonstrating professional practice in the application of legislation, regulations, ethics, risk and compliance that is common to all sectors of the financial services industry.
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: