This online course is designed for individuals who wish to enter or progress employment within the insurance sector and/or advance their skills and knowledge.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $548 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,647 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It provides you with contextual and product knowledge for entry or intermediate roles within the insurance sector.
It enables you to outline different types of fire & general, and life & health insurance product options and apply to a range of standard risk situations.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Outline standard risk management concepts and typical approaches to familiar client risk situations, including asset, wealth & health protection.
- Explain the roles, responsibilities and key services offered by a range of industry participants.
- Outline the characteristics of a range of services and products in the insurance industry.
- Consider specific influences on availability and pricing of insurance products and services including their terms and conditions.
- Apply the six step process to a range of standard risk situations to identify appropriate products and services to meet client’ needs in either a claim or product sale context.
- Complete the insurance application process.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are required for this course.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: