This online course is designed for individuals who wish to enter or progress employment within the banking sector and/or advance their skills and knowledge.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $548 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,647 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It provides you with contextual and product knowledge for entry or intermediate roles within the banking sector.
It enables you to outline banking structures, account structures and lending principles, and apply personal products and services to customer needs.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Outline typical banking organisations and how they interact with each other.
- Outline the options for account ownership and the importance of understanding how and by whom accounts are to be operated.
- Outline the characteristics of a range of services and products including personal transactions, savings, personal lending and home lending products and delivery channels.
- Outline the lending process from initial application to final repayment.
- Explain specific issues that may affect the application and approval processes
- Explain specific issues that may affect the management, collections and recoveries process.
- Apply the six step process to a range of standard banking situations to identify appropriate products and services to meet clients’ needs
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are required for this course.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: