This online course is designed for individuals who wish to enter or progress employment within the financial services industry and/or advance their skills and knowledge.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $548 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,647 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It provides you with knowledge about products, services and customer attitudes relevant to entry or intermediate roles within the financial services industry.
It enables you to use knowledge of services and products available across the financial services industry in an operational role and relate to customer attitudes within financial services and cultural contexts.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Demonstrate broad understanding of products and services used in different industry sectors.
- Apply the six step process to a range of standard financial situations to identify products and services to meet clients’ needs by providing appropriate recommendations or referrals.
- Outline how customers’ different attitudes and experiences will influence their approach to financial decision making.
- Communicate financial information in a way that recognises clients’ cultural background and level of understanding.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are required for this course.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: