For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $548 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,647 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
This online course is designed for individuals who wish to enter or progress employment within the financial services industry and/or advance their skills and knowledge.
It provides you with contextual knowledge for entry or intermediate roles within the financial services industry.
It enables you to broadly describe the financial services environment in New Zealand in terms of the structure, key sector interactions, economic environment and their interrelationship with consumer needs.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Describe key sectors within the financial services industry in New Zealand and the interactions between them.
- Describe key factors impacting the financial services sectors and how those factors alter or influence the services they provide to their consumers.
- Outline public and community sector support services and the consumer needs they meet.
- Describe how economic factors create, influence or alter consumer needs.
This course is 100% internally assessed.
No textbooks are required for this course.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: