This course is designed to build your skills and confidence in a number of areas that are required for successful participation in home/whānau life and in society. Whānau and communities will benefit from people with the confidence, skills, knowledge, and attributes needed to progress to further and more focused learning, and to participate in their communities.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The main purpose of this course will essentially be on running a ‘healthy’ home in terms of nutrition, money and household conservation.
Fee free offer
Courses offered under NZ2862 NZ Certificate in Foundation (Level 2) are currently fee free. Check out the Fee free offer tab on the qualification web page for information.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Analyse the effect of significant life events at different life stages on personal financial income
- Demonstrate relevance of principles of nutrition to health
- Describe household conservation strategies
- Read texts to recognise differing points of view on a topic
- Select, assess, and read texts to gain knowledge
This course is 100% internally assessed
All learning materials and assessment workbooks are supplied by Open Polytechnic
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: