The purpose of this course is to provide you with opportunities and guidance to undertake social inquiry. The focus of the inquiry will be New Zealand and its communities.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $0 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will undertake social inquiry in relation to a New Zealand social structure. This could be family (nuclear and extended family comparisons), community (primary school, local government or sports clubs) or nationally based (national agencies or government). The inquiry process will provide an opportunity to develop and extend your enquiry skills.
Fee free offer
Courses offered under NZ2862 NZ Certificate in Foundation (Level 2) are currently fee free. Check out the Fee free offer tab on the qualification web page for information.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Conduct a reflective social inquiry
- Produce a plan to enhance own learning
- Describe general characteristics of peoples in New Zealand
- Examine a social structure
- Write a short report
This course is 100% internally assessed
All learning materials and assessment workbooks are supplied by Open Polytechnic
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: