This online course has a focus on facilitating adult learning using educational technologies.
Teaching weeks 16 weeks
Workload Approximately 13 hours per week
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
It explores a range of inclusive and ethical facilitation approaches utilising educational technologies for fostering the learning of diverse adult learners.
By the end of the course you will have the knowledge, skills and abilities to facilitate adult learning using educational technologies and to evaluate their personal, professional facilitation practice drawing on relevant theory and research.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Examine a range of current facilitation strategies and approaches using educational technologies for teaching diverse adult learners, including Māori perspectives and Pacific approaches.
- Discuss the principles and requirements for ethical use of educational technologies in practice with adult learners.
- Develop a plan for facilitating inclusive learning opportunities using educational technologies within an educational or workplace setting.
- Facilitate inclusive learning opportunities for adult learners utilising a range of educational technologies.
- Evaluate own facilitation practice drawing on theory, research and experience.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Computer and internet requirements
To complete this course you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer, reliable broadband internet connection and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content, and writing and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Course availability over the next 12 months