This online course introduces you to a range of current and emerging educational technologies used for teaching and learning.
Delivery type2019Trimester 1 & 2 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $400 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $1,000 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will learn about adult teaching and learning theories, including values based frameworks, and you will explore the use of technology-driven education approaches for different delivery models and diverse stakeholders.
You will also develop an understanding of strategies for successfully engaging adult learners with educational technology.
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Evaluate a range of existing technologies used for teaching and learning in adult education and training contexts.
- Demonstrate understanding of contemporary adult teaching and learning theories, including Maori perspectives and Pacific approaches, and their application to technology-driven education approaches.
- Critically discuss teaching strategies using educational technologies for working with adults needing additional support and from a range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Evaluate emerging technologies for use in education contexts, including potential influences on future teaching and learning approaches.
- Demonstrate understanding of strategies for enabling diverse learners to successfully engage with educational technologies, including discussion of participation barriers.
100% internally assessed
No textbooks are required for this course
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- Choose the qualification you will study the course under.
- Check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: