This course is currently under development and will be come available to enrol in once completed.
Cost2019NZ students $738 + $60 annual administration fee
International students N/A + $60 annual administration fee
Exam dates2019Trimester 1, 11 Jun 2019
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
The course will cover the following:
- Project Management functions, scheduling techniques, Critical path analysis, PERT charts, Gantt charts, uncertainty and Risk management
- Contract law and Documentation, schedules of Quantities, costing and Tendering, time cost/quality balance, contract types, engineering company structures
- Requirements of discipline specific Conditions of Contract (NZS3910), dispute resolution
- Professionalism and Ethics, consultation, Treaty of Waitangi, sustainability
- Resource Management Act
On successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and apply, the fundamentals of project planning and project management
- Prepare and evaluate cost estimates, tender documentation and contract documentation
- Administer and supervise contracts in accordance with the relevant Standards and/or Codes of Practice
- Critically evaluate professional practice principles and their application to an engineering environment
Method of Assessment
- Internal assessment 50%
- Examination 50%
For more information and a full list of exam times see our examinations page.
There is a textbook required for this course. Visit our textbook page for more information.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
There is no Laboratory requirement for this course
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: