To meet the assessment due dates you need to study approximately 10 hours a week.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $299 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $900 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will look at the development of these two spaces through to present-day thinking. You will study beds, furniture and furnishing selections as well as bathroom materials and products. In this course are 14 design activities created to improve your knowledge of the many aspects that go into successfully designing these spaces.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Draw a scale floor plan with elevations of a bed or guest room, including necessary functional pieces from an eclectic mix to create a harmonious interior
- Develop appropriate design and decorating plans for bedroom.
- Determine a design style and provide a schedule that creates a suitable look for a specific bedroom
- Develop appropriate design and decorating plans for bathrooms
- Draw a scale floor plan with elevations of a bathroom. Prepare a comprehensive set of product specifications
The course runs for 12 weeks from your start date. The time you need to complete your studies will vary depending on your own knowledge and experience. As a guide it could take you approximately 10 hours a week to complete the course within the 12 week time frame.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.