For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $299 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $900 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
In this course you will learn to create working drawings (floor plans and elevations) and a set of specifications that produce functional, ergonomic and attractive kitchen and laundry spaces.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Identify and consider key points in designing a laundry
- Create a laundry floor plan with elevations that include an appropriate lighting and electrical services plan
- Identify and consider key points in designing a kitchen
- Create a kitchen floor plan and elevations with specifications,including a lighting and electrical services plan
- Advise on the expectations of different areas of the kitchen, including preparation, mixing, cooking, servicing, cleaning-up, storage and planning centres
This course is 100% internally assessed
The course runs for 12 weeks from your start date. The time you need to complete your studies will vary depending on your own knowledge and experience. As a guide it could take you approximately 10 hours a week to complete the course within the 12 week time frame.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.