In this course you will investigate the role of living rooms, dining areas, media rooms, conservatories, indoor-outdoor living spaces and studies. Floors, ceilings, walls, windows, storage, furniture arrangement, colour, texture, pattern, lighting and accessories are all elements that influence the space.
For each credit, allow about 10 hours of study.
Cost2019NZ students $299 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $900 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
You will be required to bring together all of the principles and elements of design learnt thus far identifying the role, characteristics, functions and requirements and organising these areas for living in.
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to
- Identify the role, characteristics, function and requirements of a living space, dining space, conservatory and indoor-outdoor living. Create a design plan that encompasses furniture, traffic flow and lighting
- Identify the role, characteristics, function and requirements of a media room and create a design plan that encompasses the furniture, lighting and a suitable colour scheme
- Identify the role, characteristics, function and requirements of a study and a library
This course is 100% internally assessed.
The course runs for 12 weeks from your start date. The time you need to complete your studies will vary depending on your own knowledge and experience. As a guide it could take you approximately 10 hours a week to complete the course within the 12 week time frame.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.