This online course will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of relational databases and the skills required for developing a database to meet specified requirements. You will undertake a variety of practical exercises enabling them to apply the concepts and techniques associated with designing, building and managing databases.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $1,248 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $3,853 + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Critically evaluate and discuss issues of database design, development, administration and management in the context of information systems and IT
- Model E-R data using a relational model representation
- Apply data modelling techniques using a Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tool
- Apply the functions of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Systematically develop, implement, test and document a database solution to suit the information requirements of an enterprise
This course is 100% internally assessed via three assignments.
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: