This online course will provide the you with an understanding of software engineering concepts and design with an emphasis on the development of software systems to meet specified requirements. You will gain knowledge of the different approaches to, and practice of, software development, including agile methods.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $1,248 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $3,853 + $60 annual administration fee
Students who successfully complete this online course will be able to
- Explain key concepts in software development such as requirements and quality
- Describe key activities in software development and the role of modelling
- Apply appropriate methods for the design, implementation and test of modern software systems
- Develop a software system using an object-oriented approach
- Produce the documents needed in the construction of large software systems
- Identify the application domain of different software architecture styles and patterns
This course is 100% internally assessed via three assignments
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: