This capstone online course will enable you to apply advanced computing and information technology principles and techniques to produce a relevant solution for a defined problem. The focus is on providing a practical experience involving investigative analysis, independent in-depth learning and reflective practice.
Delivery type2019Trimester 2 & 3 2019
Allow 10-12 hours study time per week for each 20 credit course.
Cost2019NZ students $1,248 + $60 annual administration fee
International students $3,853 + $60 annual administration fee
Prerequisites Check entry and other requirements under the qualification you are studying
Students who successfully completed this online course will be able to
- Research, develop and produce an original proposal for an information technology project
- Critically analyse, scope and refine project specifications
- Produce an information technology-based solution to the self-defined problem
- Develop a substantial report recording experiences, findings and outcomes
- Demonstrate independent learning and comprehensive reflective practice
This course is 100% internally assessed
Your course is delivered 100% online. To complete this course you will need access to a computer or device, broadband internet and a data plan able to support online learning such as streaming of videos (including YouTube), downloading content and submitting online assessments. If you are unsure if your current computer/device or internet access allows you to complete your online learning with us, please contact us before applying to enrol.
How to enrol
Before enrolling in this course you need to:
- choose the qualification you will study the course under
- check the order that courses in the qualification should be studied in the Qualification Structure table. This is in the Choose courses and apply tab on the qualification page.
Lecturer / Tutor
You can do this course as part of these qualifications: